Saturday, December 8, 2012

2012 Project 365 – Week Forty-Nine


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
Saturday, December 1st    
Today is my brother’s birthday. I sent him a note on Facebook telling him that I’d had his card for two weeks but just found it in my purse that day. (And then we didn’t actually mail it until a week later. This is common for us.)


Dr. M & I went to watch a friend dance in the Children’s Snow White Ballet. V did a great job!


On the way back home Dr. M took this poignant picture of a Civil War monument.


Sunday, December 2nd  
Today we decorated the little tree…


And watched a Christmas classic!


Monday, December 3rd    
Hawk!


Llamas!


This was taped to a bureau in my room in my dad’s house when we went home for Thanksgiving. I finally remembered to take a picture of it. I think it’s pretty hilarious.


And, look! Here’s Heather the Sheep wearing my latest creation!


Tuesday, December 4th
The Weekly Squirrel.




Wednesday, December 5th       
Some detail of our Christmas tree.



Thursday, December 6th
I participated in International Put Your Poem In A Shop Month today. Go here to read all about it.


While I was doing that Dr. M was taking these pictures of an extremely silly yard.




Friday, December 7th         
The State of the Bug – Normal! I was much relieved after having to have further screenings the past two years – it was getting alarming!


I’ll leave you with this vision – Martha Goose & Chloe the Flamingo are ready for Christmas. Are you?


Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

15 comments:

  1. I love love love Maxine...I could spend hours in card shops browsing the Maxine section.

    Congratulations on your mammogram results! I remember having to go back for "further testing" and thinking afterwards that "normal" was the most beautiful word in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not Maxine! That's me? You should see my project basket. It's full to overflowing.

    Negative mammogram results are worth shouting to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! Do Martha and Chloe belong to you? How come I've missed that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yard of inflatables is just out of control. I guess inflatables are like tattoos -- once you get one, you can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to say i'm feeling a bit of Charlie Brown envy - haven't seen that in a long, long time

    glad to hear you're ok

    I have to say i'm not a big fan of lawn christmas decorations in general, but TTP is looking as good as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Bug. Full of Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, very nice, but I don't see any snow there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruce it has been practically HOT here! Why right now it’s 52 degrees. Damp & dreary, but not cold.

    I love Maxine too - and I'm getting closer to like her every day!

    RaD - yep, we've had Martha Goose for YEARS. I did a series of posts on her monthly outfits a couple of years ago - but I'll try to remember to take a picture of her each month again in 2013.

    Chloe was given to me by another blogger when she was moving a couple of years ago. We were supposed to meet up when she was on the road to her new home (from Texas to New England somewhere), but we weren't able to make it work. Sadly, she passed away not long after moving. Boy I miss her - she was a lot like Maxine actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much of this is so surreal I don't know what to say. How does one find hats and coats for geese and flamingoes?

    Heather looks fantastic. I love my red one.

    Goodness, it looks like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MANY inflatables. Urk.

    You and your brother look identical. And so cute.

    I hope your tree is a member of your family for a long, long time. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hawk pic and the war monument one.
    Heather the Sheep is stylin'; the tree and ornaments are cute; the inflatables despicable! ;-)
    Lovely ballerina. Just yesterday we went to see the granddaughter dance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ballerina is gorgeous. I loved all the Christmas shots...and that hawk...awesome! Tell Dr. M Thank you for his contributions to the week. Your post made me feel happy today....thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very happy you have gotten good results, normal is a god thing where test results are concerned.

    Love your little tree!

    Your hats are great. I have a friend who does Chemo caps. Its a straight forward round simple hat. We keep them in our Prayer Shawl ministry supply closet to give out when the need arises. I am sure you could find a pattern on Lion Brand dot com or some other yarn website.

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steve Reed's comment made me laugh. Yes to the negative mammogram results! Robin has some good advice on chemo hats and hats for newborns at hospitals are always welcome. Many homeless shelters would also love some hats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just entranced with all the pics - well, except maybe that floss or whatever. That's interesting, but not entrancing. I love the Grinch, the capped critters, the tree.

    I've got my tree up and the lights on it. Of course, I haven't taken the lights off for two years, so that's not so impressive. Somewhere, there was a little angel like yours, but I think it went with some decorations to the charity shop. After all, people who lost it all in hurricanes like to decorate, too. ;)

    I believe I'll wander off and find my DVD of "A Christmas Story".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...