Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Project 365 – Week Twelve


This week was COLD again. Although we had a few snowflakes, it was beautiful many of the days. But the beauty was deceptive – bright sunshine & 35 degrees. Rude! And they’re calling for 5 to 9 inches of snow in the next couple of days. Also my basketball bracket is already toast (why did I pick Georgetown to go to the final four – what was I thinking?). So after church tomorrow I’m going to hunker down & read a book.  
Sunday, March 17th    
Squirrel Antics.


Monday, March 18th    
Our raised bed in the back yard might need a little work before we plant anything :) Although I think the overripe cuties add some great color!


Tuesday, March 19th           
Sparrow.


The Moon!


Wednesday, March 20th   
See what I mean? The first day of spring & it was 22 degrees when I left for work. Rude!


Do you think these ladies are so well camouflaged because they know that they’re trespassing?



This is the fattest robin I have ever seen! I was amazed that it could even fly!


After choir practice we got a jump on Palm Sunday décor by putting the red veils over all the crosses.


Thursday, March 21st     
Today was the 8th anniversary of mom’s death. I can’t believe she’s been gone that long! Miss you Momcat…


There were snow flurries this morning. The State of the Bug: bundled up like it’s winter (I know – Ohio, one day after technical spring IS winter). I turned my head right as I snapped the picture. Hello? I can’t hold still for my own self when I’m taking a picture?


Dr. M took a picture of our little snow.


I love this picture of a goose walking through the shallow water, surrounded by Blue Winged Teals.


Friday, March 22nd  
Just for Nance – and my favorite picture of the week :)


I was working on a note for our church newsletter & thought I would illustrate it – did you guys do this when you were kids? Here’s the church, here’s the steeple – open the doors & see all the people!


The moon!


Saturday, March 23rd     
Dr. M has set up a punching bag in the garage – we’re both excited about using it (my arms need SERIOUS work!). He wrote a funny post about it – read it here.


We went for a ramble this afternoon. You’ll never guess what we saw!




Go to Mamma Fran’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

21 comments:

  1. Brrrrr!!!
    It's getting colder here but nothing like what y'all are experiencing. So do you think you'll have a snowy Easter?
    Always enjoy your animal photos and captions :)
    No tax time pig as leprechaun? Your neighbors have dropped the ball! Haha
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your Project pictures. Cool twixing with the sparrow image!

    And congratulations on your new position as JW! Feel free to lean my direction if you have any questions you don't want to discuss with the locals.

    And... Micah 6:8, my all time favorite scripture passage. All time. Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the cold IS so rude. I've been grumpy about it all week.

    Laughed out loud at your self portrait. That's about as long as I can hold still, too. :)

    Happy Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That robin defies aerodynamics, for sure!

    Love the photos of the calf and the sheeplets -- THAT's what tells you spring is here. New life, new growth.

    And I like that the photo of the sparrow, due to the focus, makes the rest of the photo look like those branches are lines streaming away. Very cool effect. I'm sure you meant to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your two moon shots are lovely and the cow/calf shot is very cute.

    I'm convinced the snow this year is deliberately setting out to destroy my fitness regime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you, Bug, for the moocow and baby picture. Love it! My favourite kind of cow, too.

    This weather is absolutely horrid. I am so deeply hurt by this latest round of cold and snow. Last year we were basking in 80 degrees. EIGHTY! It's so difficult not to take it personally.

    Is it really only 64 degrees in your house in the morning? Good heavens, how awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We knew you would love the cow and baby, Nance! We have to keep it that cool at night...both of us are prone to hot flashes/night sweats. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Nance it IS that cold in our house in the mornings - but that's just because all we do is get ready & go. If we keep it warmer than that then I'll be wearing summer clothes out the door & that would be a bad idea just now - ha! But when we're sitting around at home my optimum temp is 74 :)

    On the sparrow picture - I use PicMonkey to edit all my pictures. I have the best time playing around! Sometimes the pics get left alone, but usually there is some tweaking involved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! How funny. I was just showing that to the first graders I do reading group with when that poem happened to be in their reader a few weeks back. I was wondering then how many others might know it. What a coincidence!

    Your hubby (I think your hubby took it) takes great pictures of the moon!

    Love that pic of the mama and baby calf. What thick coats they have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of the doe next to the "No Trespassing" sign made me smile!

    I, too, was wondering about the 64º temperature inside your house. But as a former Northerner, I understand. I used to turn the thermostat so low at night, my ex-husband used to say that if we had a water bed, we'd be sleeping on a block of ice.

    No wonder he is my ex.

    Love all your pictures, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful robin.
    Love the colorful hat, the red hair, the profile pic.
    And as always all the animal pics are extraordinary.

    We had another birthday this evening, and you weren't here to hear the birthday song ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cows look so shaggy! And yes, I remember that church-steeple game very well. :)

    A punching bag just seems so aggressive, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like that fat, little robin.

    That first moon shot is something. I can count the dimples.

    After a beautiful Saturday, it started snowing yesterday afternoon. I'm trying to just enjoy the beauty and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll bet that fat robin flew very "lowandslow". :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a bit of a paradox, Steve. It has been a long, long time since I actually watched a boxing match, and a far longer time since I punched someone. Yes, aggressive is a word. Working the heavy bag is a violent process. But I have so much anger stored in my body, and it is killing me. So I am falling back on what I know: the bike, the jump rope, and the heavy bag. I don't have to be calm and reasonable with the gloves on. I don't have to worry about hitting "send" on an ill-advised email, or writing something that means the world to me but nobody else cares to read. I don't have to worry about getting hit back or worse. I can channel the anger and pain into that big, dumb piece of stuffed canvas until I'm exhausted (about five minutes, lol), and walk away from it. My goal is to be a healthy, happy teddy bear, not a street fighter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cant believe you got a picture of the deer laying down! Impressive!!!!

    that picture of the robin makes me feel like I'm moving - whooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's really cold here, too, though at least on Saturday, there was sunshine and no wind. Yesterday we had sun with wind and it was brutally cold. I'm so over winter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love these posts. And what is it with the Cuties this year? So many bad ones in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. somehow I missed this post. sheep? you saw sheep? wow, like that never happens!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the shots this week. I have had several bad cuties this year and we are on Spring Break and it has been cold as rip all week long. I am glad we did a staycation and did not go to the beach...it was cold there too. We will be going Memorial Day week....it should be warmer then. At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...