Sunday, May 12, 2013

2013 Project 365 – Week Nineteen



Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there!

I decided to not overwhelm everyone with pictures this week. I mean, after all, my last post was a picture post. AND Dr. M has a nice post of this week’s pictures. So you can go here to see his pictures and here to see my 10 on 10 post if you would like.

Sunday, May 5th    
Dr. M got us a new hanging basket for the year – so pretty! I’m sure you’ll see more pics of it as it fills out.


Monday, May 6th
Our friend Linda calls these guys the Board of Directors – they are definitely in session these days!


Tuesday, May 7th           
More birds in the hood.



Our dinner tonight. I was highly amused by the potato – doesn’t it look like an armadillo? It’s from one of those Facebook recipes that has been making the rounds. Really tasty. Oh, and that’s turkey Spam and asparagus in the background.


Wednesday, May 8th   
Our neighbor’s flowers – love love love the bee sticking its nose in the wisteria.


Thursday, May 9th    
More flowers – Pinky, our pet geranium, seems to be doing well.


And I LOVE poppies!


Saw this bumper sticker on my way home and it made me laugh out loud.


Friday, May 10th  
The goldfinches are so bright these days!


The State of the Bug – listening to my audio book during a break at work (you didn’t think I was going to use that awful siesta picture again did you?).
  

Saturday, May 11th    
I think this is my favorite picture of the week. Shoot – of the whole year! Silly puffed up windblown sparrow :)


The Weekly Squirrel is telling us it’s time to get out of here!


Go to Mamma Fran’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

17 comments:

  1. Your Tuesday dinner looks delicious - how did you make the potato? (Obviously, this particular recipe hasn't crossed my Facebook feed yet)

    Love the wisteria - I saw it a lot when we lived in South Carolina, but I don't think it grows here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the scoop: Cut the potatoes almost all the way through (thin slices, obviously). Drizzle olive oil & butter; add some sea salt & pepper & bake at 425 for 40 minutes. Our potatoes were HUGE so could have been baked longer.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love wisteria. It's such an old-fashioned flower and always looks homey and relaxing. That's another flowering "tree" I long for. Always have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always makes me smile to see it in the neighbor's yard. In fact, he does such a great job with flowers that I don't feel like I have to do all that much & I can still enjoy them :)

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are the only bit of Spring I was able to enjoy today. Thanks. And Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love those photos of the bee in the wisteria. And those poppies are beautiful! I always like your photos. You can't do too many picture posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve! She's always saying "I've got too many pics!" to which I say "But what about the cow, and the duck, and...and...and..." :-)

      Delete
  5. the bone picture is very funny, and i like the squirrel - but the shots of the bee are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were bumble bees EVERYWHERE on that wisteria! Couldn't miss them with the camera :-)

      Delete
  6. The flower pics are so beautiful and your hanging basket is gorgeous. I love all the colors. I've always wanted to try a hasselback potato. Is it hard to make all those cuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly easy to make the cuts...indeed, I cut too deeply a few times. I used a very sharp chef's knife (French style). That's my favorite knife in the kitchen, as well as home defense ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! Loved your post with the cranes overhead, too!

      Delete
  8. Wow...your hair is really getting long. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still debating on getting it cut - maybe about 4 inches. No hurry though - it's easy to pull back up off my neck now & I'll be wanting to do that this summer.

      Delete
  9. You never fail to surprise us with unique shots. Shouldn't be surprising anymore. Always beautiful. Love all the bird pics. The colorful hanging basket is what i want now! I must make those potatoes! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...