Friday, August 9, 2013

Gripes

Oh these minor annoyances! I have been so twisted up & frustrated & feeling dumb & put upon & rushed & had things to do & places to be & I want to sleep until Thursday & it is just all too much.

I will not list my grievances. Suffice it to say that they are both numerous & petty and not worth a square inch of your time.

I have to say that when I look at my problems out of the corner of my eye, like a stranger would, I am annoyed that they’re so very small. Like a reverse microscope. It gripes me! (Let’s add that to the list.)

And, really, here is the crux of the issue: I am pretty sure that oh, about 100% of the things that I’m complaining about are things for which I (usually prayerfully) VOLUNTEERED. (Except for vacuuming – who volunteers for that?) What do I have to say about that?

Well?




That’s what I thought – not much is what you have to say about that. So just do it! (I wonder if I can Nike Just Do It when I’m wearing Merrill sneakers?)

P.S. For anyone reading this who knows that I’m going by University Hospital in Cincinnati to take communion to someone this afternoon, the above rant does NOT include that task. It does, however, include the angst I always feel about figuring out where to park & how to find the correct room.

[From Dr. M] Here you go...a bit of SNAFU to cheer you on:

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's just a crappy day for you. It's Friday! Get your mission done and get home for some sympathy from Mr. M. You'll feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a probably inappropriate but funny cartoon above called Gripes. It features Private Snafu, who was created by Frank Capra, no less, at the behest of the United States Military in WWII both to provide instruction (generally by showing what not to do) and entertainment for GIs. You will recognize the familiar style of Dr. Seuss in this one...Theodor Geisel helped with the project, Mel Blanc provided Snafu's voice, and Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Bob Clampett, and Frank Tashlin, among others, directed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if young people today have ever heard of SNAFU, much less understand what the letters mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they take my history classes, Stephen, they do :-)

      Delete
  4. It's always the little things that get to you...

    You are certainly entitled to fuss and rant and write about your gripes occasionally. See, if you don't, it will all build up and fester inside you and then, one day, all of a sudden, you will just EXPLODE. True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Thank you, dear friend...gotta let those rants out.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you need a nice weekend full of TLC. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we'll have a Shaun the Sheep marathon...that generally cures everything! Snafu is awesome, too. Thanks, y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Shaun the Sheep. Only thing is...you actually have to watch since there's no dialog. No multitasking there...just watch and ENJOY.

      Delete
  7. "Mama said there'd be days like this; there'd be days like this, my mama said."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have days like that where everything annoys me. I try to talk as little as possible when I'm feeling like that so I don't take it out on everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ALL have these days. And like you, I often think, "What do I have to complain about, really?!" But that doesn't stop me from feeling cranky. It's just being human! Know that the people you're volunteering for and with no doubt appreciate your work, and that your crankiness, like all things, will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Bug. You are on the way to learning that you can't do everything. So next time, no matter how tempting and beneficial the task, sit back and remind yourself that you are only one and can do only so much. Be firm...even if everyone in the room turns to look at Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think petty grievances are the worst sort. You can't even feel justified in complaining. I hope all your annoyances fly away soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...