Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Project 365 – Week Fifty-two

First of all, yes, I certainly did put 2015 on the Christmas poem. I have no idea why. I think maybe I’m just extra done with 2014? In any case, this does NOT mean that Dr. M gets out of writing a poem for next year.

 It’s the last week of the year! Sort of, since the New Year starts on Thursday. I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to continue this for 2015 – and if I did continue would I do the same thing (post a jillion pictures every week). I’m still not really sure, and since I’m not sure, I’m pretty sure I’ll just keep on doing it the same way. Maybe. And on that very concrete note, let’s get to the jillion pictures I’m posting this week! I actually thought about breaking it up into two posts, but I’ve decided to let you guys take your own break. If you want to stop reading at Wednesday & come back again later that’s perfectly fine. Heh.

Sunday, December 21st  
My daily walk. I think Santa had been partying a little too hard the night before.


Monday, December 22nd
Heading to North Carolina!


On our way down I saw this shop window – penguins!


My daily walk – my dad’s treadmill…


Tuesday, December 23rd       
Dr. M was stalking the birds in my dad’s backyard. I’m highly amused that the blue jay & red bellied woodpecker were swiping dog food. The Carolina chickadee & tufted titmouse were at the correct feeder :)


Dr. M & I went out to do our usual last minute shopping, but had to get some Carolina BBQ first. I went with the vinegar sauce. YUM!


Later that afternoon my dad & I tried to snooze a bit.


My daily walk – treadmill again, with hair all in my face. It’s long enough now that I really need to remember to pull it back when I walk!


Wednesday, December 24th
My daily walk – out to my brother’s house & back. Yes, that was a pretty short walk – but it had been raining, so I think the squelching made it a harder workout.


Dr. M went out to visit his dad & saw, guess what? I love the foggy pictures…


Christmas with my brother and his family. Fun!


Thursday, December 25th
Christmas breakfast – leftover Chinese food plus candy that my nephew brought me from Japan. Most excellent!


On our way to Dr. M’s dad’s house we saw some of the usual suspects.


My daily walk – down to the church cemetery where Dr. M’s mother and grandparents rest.


When we went by to pick up his Aunt Judy these guys came by to greet us. Ha!


Christmas with Dr. M’s family – always a great time.


The moon!


Friday, December 26th  
My daily walk. Daddy took me over to my Aunt Mimi’s property so I could walk around. My cousins & some of their kids were there (score!) and some of us walked down to the river.


While I was doing that, Dr. M was doing his thing. 



Saturday, December 26th    
Spent the day with friends from college (well, one of them is my first cousin so I’ve known her a little longer). This is the group of ladies that’s been getting together since around 1984 or so. A couple of the next generation girls joined us (they’re the ones that look like models). We had a great time – lunch first, & then shopping in Blowing Rock and Boone. I totally counted that as my daily walk! By the way – I had to laugh at the barrel of “candy sticks” at the general store. They sure still look like candy cigarettes to me!



Dr. M took a last drive around to check out his flocks.



Whew! Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Yikes. That cow on the bottom right looks really vexed. What did the photographer say to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have sampled some of that barbecue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everywhere you go you are in farm country! That's very hard to come by here in CT. 'm really surprised that its only a three-hour drive for you...shows you how geographically astute I am! So glad you got to be with lots of family,,,its fun to see how people do Christmas.

    5K for 2015??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually a seven-hour drive, Lisa. But yes, the vast, vast majority of it is farm country!

      Delete
  4. Love all of your photos, and I'm really, really hoping you'll continue with Project 365.

    Christmas is best when spent with family and/or friends. Looks like yours fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will try to keep up P-365, Sweet Pea! We love it so...

      Delete
  5. I am so impressed by your photo posting. Are you using a cell phone for the photos? I have stopped doing camera photos because I had to resize them all first...too much trouble. I am considering what to do with my blog for the new year. I have a few different ideas. wish I had a committee to help me decide which is best. Happy New Year! I've enjoyed all of your photos this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, a lot went on in this post. The dog-food-stealing birds cracked me up.

    A nap is a good thing. I took a few over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suspect that you and I will indeed continue our weekly photo posting, whatever we call it.
    Laughed at the 'dead' Santa.
    Liked the way all the many cards were displayed in the 'napping' pic.
    Birds and animals pics as always-wonderous, especially sheep and burros.
    Dr. M should be a sheep herder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...