Sunday, July 19, 2015

2015 Project 365 – Week Twenty-nine

With apologies to my friends in states with droughts, I think we’ve had rain every day for a month! Well, maybe not a whole month, but it’s been pretty darn stormy up (over, down) here! Ironically, there are no pictures of rain in this post.
Sunday, July 12th   
Around the yard…


 Monday, July 13th  
Daylily Nation!



Before and after shot of rain-drenched yellow lilies.


My daily walk – just for some flower variety :)


Tuesday, July 14th              
There were some storms at work, and the sky still looked pretty crazy when I left to go home. It was a BIT breezy!


It had cleared up at home & Dr. M grilled out.


My daily walk in the gloaming…


I finished square #1 of pattern #14.        


Wednesday, July 15th       
Someone gave Dr. M a cannon – every historian needs a cannon!


My almost daily mow – boy was that grass THICK!! I enjoy mowing, but this was hard work!


Thursday, July 16th       
My daily walk – a new route.


Trying to keep my hair off my neck – ha! I had tried using barrettes, but my hair is too think so they weren’t adequate to the task. No, I didn’t go out in public like this – I just posted this picture all over the internet.


Friday, July 17th  
Square #2 of pattern #14.


Saturday, July 18th
Dr. M officiated another wedding today. On the way up there I posted this picture on Facebook, with this commentary: “Headed to a wedding & grabbed one of my mom's old purses. I told Mike I'd better put some tissues in there but when I checked there were some already in there. Aww - Mom Tissues! She's been gone 10 years & I'm still finding them!I got a huge outpouring of love & support, but all I can think about is the number of times I used the word “there” in that status. #gratefulbutembarrassed


Here are some shots from the wedding. It went very well, despite the fact that the air conditioner struggled to keep the hall cool. The bride had the most gorgeous dress – wish I’d gotten a better picture of it.


As we were leaving town I noticed a giant arm in the sky – Dr. M decided we’d better go check it out. How amazing is this! A giant Lincoln statue! Go here to read about it. It added a lovely bit of lagniappe to our day.
             
  
Hope everyone has a great week!


9 comments:

  1. All that rain is providing your camera with wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are WONDERFUL... there's no denying. Ms. Pinky is getting back in the bloom of things and your crochet work is beautiful, Dana!! More rain means thicker grass again. Attending the wedding must feel extra special this year for you and Mike (25 years for you two). That storm just flew by here but warnings are out until 8pm. I hope your river becomes a street again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a crocheted wheel cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I had to Google "lagniappe." Learned something new for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers are awesome. I can actually take some decent pictures of them since my camera has a setting for up-close shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloaming. I love that word. We should all use it more.

    I had a feeling that sculpture would be a Seward Johnson. He's done other gigantic sculptures of people that have drawn curiosity (and criticism!) wherever they are displayed. How fun to stumble onto it unexpectedly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to stumble on giant sculptures and such. Glad you are getting rain. It's a bit dry here. And still hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those flower shots. I have some orange and yellow day lilies. I love them. I also had two bright pink hibiscus' bloom this year. Loved the statues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute in pigtails. Those flowers are stunning. I'm so jealous. We planted nothing this year, for obvious reasons, but I do miss the color. I wish I'd, at least, planted a couple of pots. Ah. There's always next year.
    (I just left this on the previous post. I feel like I was "smote in the brainpan" this morning. Please forgive.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...