Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Miscellany

I'd like to discuss something that has been bugging me for some time. I don't understand how other people can just jump in their car & drive away. I mean, it's like they haven't even had time to put the key in the ignition & they're already halfway down the road! When I get into my car, it's a process. I open the passenger door & put all of my multitudinous bags on the passenger seat. Then I walk around & get in the driver's seat. I put the key in the ignition, put my seatbelt on, get my phone out of my purse & plug it into the charger & put it in the cradle, then I start the car, fiddle with the temperature, get my audio book started, and then I start to drive. I just can't figure out how other people are so much faster than I am.

My temperature blanket is just getting weirder & weirder. It's 64" wide & will be just over 8' long. By October I'll be complaining that it's a monster!


Seen in our back yard.


Finally, from Facebook, thoughts while "gardening":

•Bending over is for the birds.
•Who needs fingernails anyway?
•How much water do these dudes need?
•I think maybe I put 20 seeds in one square inch & maybe three in the rest of the planter. 
•Are they growing yet?


I planted some Forget-Me-Nots in the long planter, and I went around the yard digging up sunflowers so I could have them in one spot (& not keep mowing them!). 


14 comments:

  1. Mine is the opposite, re: driving. I don't know how my husband can suddenly materialize from the detached) garage mere seconds after having parked the car. I have to take my phone out of its little holder, shut off the radio, unbuckle my seatbelt, gather my purse, grab my purchases, and usually drop an empty water bottle in the recycle bin on my way in. I swear he shuts off his car and is suddenly in the house.

    Both of my boys are mystified and insulting about How Long It Takes Mom To Get Out Of The Car. I had no idea it was a race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap. Please imagine the opening parentheses in front of "detached."

      Delete
  2. I never really thought about how long it takes to get on the car and start to drive. I think it's a great idea but your blanket is kinda funky looking. we have bunnies in the wild space but I don't get up early enough to see them. and I'm amazed you have them in your neighborhood. where do they live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an odd neighborhood. There is an old quarry a block north of us, and open fields a block or so to our south. There are also numerous outbuildings, a house with a couple of junk cars in the back yard, etc. We have seen rabbits numerous times over the years, along with skunks, possums, and the occasional groundhog.

      Delete
  3. I love working on blankets in winter just because of the heavy weight :)
    I totally have to settle in my car before I leave... except for work. I usually am barely in the car before I peel out of the parking lot :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was working,I put everything I would need the next day in the car the night before. All I had to do in the morning was grab my purse and coffee and go. Now I'm even faster, since my car doesn't use a key. If it's in my purse (and it always is) I just get in, buckle up and press the button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first paragraph is me, the same getting-ready-to-drive-away process!
    I really like the temperature blanket photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm told that everything I do in the car is "poky" so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to be organized before I drive away. I like to know where everything is so I can access it quickly if needed... sunglasses, change for drive throughs, tissues (allergies).. these sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm poky in the car, too. By the time I get going and (immediately, of course) have to stop at the red light, the person driving to the same place is usually halfway there, usually while talking on the phone, making doctor's appointments, dinner reservations, and helping their kids with calculus homework. I can't multitask like that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spotted a bunny in our front yard yesterday. And Judy potted some herbs the other day but we think the cold nights got the Cinnamon Basil. Neither of us had ever heard of Cinnamon Basil anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're one of those people who drive other drivers crazy -- when they see you get in your car and think, "Great! I'll just grab her parking space!" and they're still sitting there 10 minutes later...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and p.s., I think the temp blanket is really great looking! I love the colors.

      Delete
  11. I hate to say this, but I'm one of those get in and go sorts. I'm trying to think about my routine (such as it is) and it's really pretty simple. I have a bag with my necessities, I put it in the car, I fasten the seat belt, and go. A minute, tops. I guess I'm old-school. When you drive, you drive. No phone, no audio books, etc. I adjust temperature and change CDs at red lights. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...